Reporting Bug for Widget Framework

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by silence, Dec 19, 2016.

1. silence

silence New Member

Since I can't post support, it seems a bunch of the extended classes don't have the event listeners setup.

Recent Statuses wasn't working properly but setting one up for XenForo_Model_User (WidgetFramework_Extend_Model_User) fixed the issue. I'm wondering if this was just an oversight.

Thank you!

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Which version of [bd] Widget Framework and XenForo are you using?

1. silence

silence New Member

silence @xfrocks Newest on xfrocks.com

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

v2.6.3-BETA18 no longer includes WidgetFramework_Extend_Model_User though...

1. silence

silence New Member

silence @xfrocks Oh lol that would explain the constants being declared in both places then.

Well without it I am unable to get recent statuses to display the correct information and I didn't dig much deeper than that.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please check your RecentStatus.php file, it should switch to use WidgetFramework_Model_User. Or simply try uploading the files again.

1. silence

silence New Member

silence @xfrocks Yeah but I wasn't able to get an output from that class when doing a zend_debug::dump method. So I was unsure if it was even using anything apart from the constants.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @silence Hmm, it does use a few methods to get the user ids before feeding XenForo_Model_User those to get the full user data.

3. silence

silence New Member

silence @xfrocks It just returns a list of user ids starting from the lowest user_id and only checks if the profile post date is greater than 0.

Oh well using the old model gets it working just fine for now so no biggie but I just wanted to report that issue :)

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @silence The old model won't be included in future release so this new one really should work though.