Reputation System?

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by JJJ, Apr 10, 2014.

1. JJJ

JJJ New Member

Atm I'm migrating a big board from vB -> XenForo In April 2011, @xfrocks issued an AddOn called Reputation System. But this has been discontinued. My attempt to install it in xF1.3.1 failed.

I thought, this could maybe be a successor for the reputation-system of vBulletin.

Is there a chance that the xF Reputation System will be continued and that it solves my problem? Is there a chance to import the data from the vB database.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

How did it fail? Did you get any error message etc.?

3. JJJ

JJJ New Member

It needed a rather long time, and then there was an error-message and the page of the browser crashed. Ths AddOn was not in the list od AddOns, and my xF test installation still works without problems.

Shall I try to repeat the Installation?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, you should try again. This time please make a copy of the error message.

5. JJJ

JJJ New Member

Ok thanks, I will do so :)

xfrocks likes this.
  6. JJJ

JJJ New Member

Strange... this time it worked without complaints :)

Thank you.

Btw, I use your Widget Framework and I love it. The WF is such a great help for us, that I decited to purchase 1 year Webmaster Badge, mainly to express my respect for your work. PayPal transfer of 49$ is on the way.

I will check the Reputation System now, and see how I can use it.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @JJJ Thank you for your kind words and support :)

7. JJJ

JJJ New Member

After playing a little with this AddOn, I can say, that it is really nice, does everything I need and without problems works with xF 1.3.1.
    You really should reactivate it and present it in the Ressource Manager on the XenForo site.

One question: I plan to import data from our vB database. Can you give me some hints, which database fields have to be filled, to make your reputation system work with old imported data?

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It has importer integration, you should see a button to import reputation points.

9. JJJ

JJJ New Member

Great :)

But I seem to be blind :(

Where is this button? Is it on the options page of Reputation System in ACP?

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It is in AdminCP > Tools > Import Data (where you imported everything else)

11. JJJ

JJJ New Member

#12 JJJ, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Thank you :)

(I didn't do the import, Slavik did it :D)

xfrocks likes this.