XF Arcade 0.2.0 Testing

Discussion in 'XF Arcade' started by xfrocks, May 22, 2014.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks! Staff Member

This is the latest version of the Arcade add-on currently under development. Most bugs from previous version have been fixed. It's worth noting that Mochi has been completely removed.

24-05-2014: v0.2.1
    28-05-2014: v0.2.1b

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Tags:
    Paul, Dadparvar, dwdmadmac and 17 others like this.
  2. xfrocks

Some known issues:
    • Decimal scores are not saved correctly (fixed)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    racersimage likes this.
  3. racersimage

racersimage New Member

xfrocks likes this.
  4. racersimage

racersimage New Member

A few requests.

• Maybe a high score champion block up above the games showing the top 3 members with the most high scores.
    • An online box below the list of games showing whose using the arcade.
    • Also, a way to see all high scores for a particular game (right now I only see the top 6, I apologize if I'm missing something).

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    EvilSS and Alien like this.
  5. xfrocks

Nice idea.

racersimage likes this.
  6. racersimage

racersimage New Member

I guess those blocks could be put on the side below the category block instead since I see alot of white space when having a full page of games.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    xfrocks likes this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin New Member

You are definitely thinking along the right lines. The sidebar currently only has the category block but indeed the thought process was to have additional blocks there as time went on.

With XFA and Widget Framework now under one roof with one developer, I can't wait to see what creative ideas come out of it.

8. Kevin

Kevin New Member

An idea I was toying with but never got off the ground was to make the game page tabbed (like the category index pages are now) with one tab for playing the game, one tab for a leaderboard within that game, and one tab for discussion of the game (like how XF resources are displayed) in a thread.
    Fleshing out the idea for the discussion tab that was in my head... it was going to be similar to the last version of v3Arcade that I was working where adding a game would automatically create a new thread in a specified forum announcing the new game (the game title, description, etc. would be in the thread). As a way of encouraging people to spend more time in the games a new post would then be added to the thread when somebody became the new game champion and an alert sent to the old champion (aka: "Hey, Kevin just beat your score in Asteroids!"). Users could then talk about the game, or trash talk other players, in the same thread.

So many ideas, so little time. :(

racersimage and RoldanLT like this.
  9. xfrocks

That's a great idea @Kevin. I think I will implement it in next version.
    And the current version has the "I beat you" conversation working FYI.

Alien, racersimage and Kevin like this.
  10. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

I think, I have a great suggestion to post :)
    Please integrate this mod to BD Social Share.
    When a user gets score, high score, champion will post on his/her Facebook Wall :)

11. racersimage

racersimage New Member

I like the idea of an alert because those are easier to clear out than the conversations if possible?

12. racersimage

racersimage New Member

That's a great idea for the leaderboard and comments page. I thought I saw a permission for comments but haven't ran across where they're located.

13. Kevin

Kevin New Member

There are/were some options in the ACP that were started but never completed and Comments may have been one of them.

racersimage likes this.
  14. racersimage

racersimage New Member

Oh another block could be the latest scores/games played.

15. xfrocks

v0.2.1 has been made available.

Garamond, Radouane, XenForo and 3 others like this.
  16. gemma

gemma Member

Thanks for the update, decimal scores are now working.

Still seeing errors in the highscore column for low scoring games - the champion displays correctly and the player's rank is correct but the sorting of the scores between 2 and 6 is wrong (see attached)

I know from my time working with v3 Arcade that some of the most popular requests for blocks were - recent added games, latest scores, latest champions, top X champions, most played games, most time (hours etc) spent in the arcade.

A lot of people also requested a "Featured Game" function where the admin could set a game as the featured game or set it to be the last installed game or a random game - this could also be a block/widget.

The 1v1 challenge system was also popular - probably more so than the tournament system.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of integration with credits/points systems and social media.

lowscores.jpg

Alien and racersimage like this.
  17. Garamond

Garamond New Member

I have XF Arcade 0.0.9 installed, can I upgrade it directly to 0.2.1?

18. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Yes, but you'll likely want to test 0.2.1 on a test install first. There are GUI changes and Mochi games support has been removed.

19. Kevin

Kevin New Member

With Mochi support removed, the crossdomain.xml file can be removed from the zip file.

Neal likes this.
  20. Garamond

Garamond New Member

The update went fine, but I'm unable to delete games. It just gives a blank page when trying.