XF Arcade 0.2.0 Testing

Discussion in 'XF Arcade' started by xfrocks, May 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

#1 , May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    This is the latest version of the Arcade add-on currently under development. Most bugs from previous version have been fixed. It's worth noting that Mochi has been completely removed.

24-05-2014: v0.2.1
    28-05-2014: v0.2.1b

Attached Files:

Paul, Dadparvar, dwdmadmac and 17 others like this.
  2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

#2 xfrocks, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Some known issues:
    • Decimal scores are not saved correctly (fixed)

racersimage likes this.
  3. racersimage

racersimage New Member

Since no one else has, I want to say thank you so much for releasing this! I migrated from vBulletin back in March and my members really missed our old arcade. I just installed this yesterday and upgraded here to tell you that this is really appreciated!! Working fine so far! http://diecastcrazy.com/community/arcade/

xfrocks likes this.
  4. racersimage

racersimage New Member

#4 racersimage, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    A few requests.

• Maybe a high score champion block up above the games showing the top 3 members with the most high scores.
    • An online box below the list of games showing whose using the arcade.
    • Also, a way to see all high scores for a particular game (right now I only see the top 6, I apologize if I'm missing something).

EvilSS and Alien like this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @racersimage Nice idea.

racersimage likes this.
    2. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @racersimage An idea I was toying with but never got off the ground was to make the game page tabbed (like the category index pages are now) with one tab for playing the game, one tab for a leaderboard within that game, and one tab for discussion of the game (like how XF resources are displayed) in a thread.
      Fleshing out the idea for the discussion tab that was in my head... it was going to be similar to the last version of v3Arcade that I was working where adding a game would automatically create a new thread in a specified forum announcing the new game (the game title, description, etc. would be in the thread). As a way of encouraging people to spend more time in the games a new post would then be added to the thread when somebody became the new game champion and an alert sent to the old champion (aka: "Hey, Kevin just beat your score in Asteroids!"). Users could then talk about the game, or trash talk other players, in the same thread.

So many ideas, so little time. :(

racersimage and RoldanLT like this.
    3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Kevin That's a great idea @Kevin. I think I will implement it in next version.
      And the current version has the "I beat you" conversation working FYI.

Alien, racersimage and Kevin like this.
    4. racersimage

racersimage New Member

racersimage @Kevin That's a great idea for the leaderboard and comments page. I thought I saw a permission for comments but haven't ran across where they're located.

5. racersimage

racersimage New Member

#6 racersimage, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    I guess those blocks could be put on the side below the category block instead since I see alot of white space when having a full page of games.

xfrocks likes this.
    1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @racersimage You are definitely thinking along the right lines. The sidebar currently only has the category block but indeed the thought process was to have additional blocks there as time went on.

With XFA and Widget Framework now under one roof with one developer, I can't wait to see what creative ideas come out of it.

Alien, racersimage and XenForo like this.
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

I think, I have a great suggestion to post :)
    Please integrate this mod to BD Social Share.
    When a user gets score, high score, champion will post on his/her Facebook Wall :)

7. racersimage

racersimage New Member

Oh another block could be the latest scores/games played.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

v0.2.1 has been made available.

Garamond, Radouane, XenForo and 3 others like this.
    1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @xfrocks With Mochi support removed, the crossdomain.xml file can be removed from the zip file.

Neal likes this.
  9. gemma

gemma Member

Thanks for the update, decimal scores are now working.

Still seeing errors in the highscore column for low scoring games - the champion displays correctly and the player's rank is correct but the sorting of the scores between 2 and 6 is wrong (see attached)

I know from my time working with v3 Arcade that some of the most popular requests for blocks were - recent added games, latest scores, latest champions, top X champions, most played games, most time (hours etc) spent in the arcade.

A lot of people also requested a "Featured Game" function where the admin could set a game as the featured game or set it to be the last installed game or a random game - this could also be a block/widget.

The 1v1 challenge system was also popular - probably more so than the tournament system.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of integration with credits/points systems and social media.

lowscores.jpg

Alien and racersimage like this.
  10. Garamond

Garamond New Member

I have XF Arcade 0.0.9 installed, can I upgrade it directly to 0.2.1?

1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @Garamond Yes, but you'll likely want to test 0.2.1 on a test install first. There are GUI changes and Mochi games support has been removed.

11. Garamond

Garamond New Member

The update went fine, but I'm unable to delete games. It just gives a blank page when trying.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Garamond Which system is that?

12. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Trying to delete Mochigames.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Garamond Please try again with v0.2.1b.

2. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Garamond @xfrocks Thanks, now it works.

But after upgrading to 0.2.0, no scores are registered and "Last played" doesn't register you playing either.

XenForo likes this.
    3. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @Garamond Did you get this fixed? What type of games weren't submitting scores? I've not had any problems with either IPB or core games

4. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Garamond @gemma No fix yet. I think I'll wipe the Arcade installation and reinstall it.

13. gemma

gemma Member

Getting this error when submitting a score for a golf game that has negative (under par) scores

Server Error
    Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'score' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Arcade/Model/Session.php at line 13
    5. Arcade_Model_Session->saveSession() in Arcade/ControllerPublic/ArcadeUgly.php at line 220
    6. Arcade_ControllerPublic_ArcadeUgly->actionIpbSaveScoreLegacy() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

14. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can I have that game please? Preferable via a conversation. Thank you.

Yes, a new version is coming out to let you delete Mochigames. Sorry for the inconvenience.

15. gsd103

gsd103 New Member

#26 gsd103, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Hello could someone post install instructions please? Do I upload crossdomain.xml? What about macOSx? I uploaded everything in UPLOAD to the proper DIR's except crossdomain.xml, and installed add on. I do not see an arcade tab. Xen 1.3 Thanks.

FIXED: Permissions for users must be set to view arcade. Would be nice if default was set to allow all users to view after install.

Edit: I did not install crosdomain.xml and everything seems to be fine, and I assume the MacOs is only for uploading to MAC computers.

16. gsd103

gsd103 New Member

This install only comes with 6 games. Where do I find more games (PM is Fine). Also the core Dir and IPB Dir both have games within. When installing games in these directories do they automatically show up on the front end? How do you know what directory(core/ipb) to install the games in? Thanks

17. gemma

gemma Member

crossdomain.xml is no longer needed so doesn't need to be uploaded.

For games, you will most likely be installing IPB games. You'll need to search for sites - Google Search

The easiest way to install them is Admin > Applications > XF Arcade > Import Game - then upload the file (IPB games come in .tar file format, don't extract the archive - just upload the gamename.tar file then file out any details that don't add automatically)

xfrocks likes this.
  18. gemma

gemma Member

I'm getting reports from my members that the "Last Played:" entry isn't working. The game in the attached image is played almost every day in our arcade but it hasn't updated the "Last Played" since April - is it maybe recording the date from something else like when the highest score was achieved which as you can see was the same date?

Untitled-1.jpg

Regs and Alien like this.
  19. John

John Member

Hi there,

It seems for me that the Arcade is not recording any scores. You find it on my site below:

http://www.otakutalk.com/arcade/

Using the latest BETA provided :)

20. Alien

Alien Member

I think we definitely have to figure out a nice way to lay out everything width-wise.

Unless someone has a stretchable style that allows infinite text, its not going to work for fixed-width sites...

arcade_align_bugs.png

Must be a way to merge some columns. Maybe use a few icons with xenforo-native tooltip information (or a hover-over box that appears with the score column information in a hover-over popup so we can eliminate that column). This width-tweaking could look really good if done right.

Veer likes this.