XF Arcade 0.2.0 Testing

Discussion in 'XF Arcade' started by xfrocks, May 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Are there some updates in the pipeline?

Alien and RoldanLT like this.
  2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

When an arcade was played and top score by a certain user, it will show up on thread/post message author info, but when that arcade is already deleted, the top/champion status is not removed when clicked resulting a 404 page.

Thanks!

3. otaku

otaku New Member

can user add/upload flash games or can only the admin do it?

1. moby2006

moby2006 New Member

moby2006 @otaku can only the admin....

4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Only admin.

otaku likes this.
  5. Alien

Alien Member

How are things going?

hollosch and Garamond like this.
  6. Alien

Alien Member

Is this mic on? :)

hollosch, Garamond and gemma like this.
  7. Alien

Alien Member

@xfrocks Still out there? Any progress?

Neal, EvilSS, hollosch and 3 others like this.
  8. Alien

Alien Member

Bit disappointed that we haven't even had an update.. My PM had gone ignored too.. Just no communication whatsoever?

I hope @xfrocks can take 60 seconds to address the people who have tried to be helpful and support the project...

Brick, tajhay, Garamond and 1 other person like this.
  9. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Maybe someone else should take over this project? I mean, if the current guy doesn't spend any time on XF Arcade, we should see better progress elsewhere.

10. Alien

Alien Member

A friendly "hey" would do wonders here...

Summit, Garamond, gemma and 1 other person like this.
  11. Alien

Alien Member

I tried to contact him via PM, with reasonable gaps in-between. He's ignoring us, there is no other way to put it.

Garamond and EvilSS like this.
  12. Garamond

Garamond New Member

I liked your post, but I don't like it.

13. Alien

Alien Member

5 months, no mention of the project or a needed hiatus or any problems. No way I'd hire this guy for custom projects.

I think its time to man up, and just let someone else handle it. Or at least post that the project is up for new ownership on the XF boards...

Not sure why all the ignoring nonsense, would be nice to treat us like human beings. 5 months is more than enough time to just say hello to those who have been supportive, actively discussed the project and gave suggestions.

gemma likes this.
  14. gemma

gemma Member

Wouldn't mind some clarification on this...even if it is just to say that development has stopped

As it is, there are a few bugs that have been highlighted in this thread that need fixing but the arcade does work without issue...it is just lacking in features that everyone has come accustomed to

@xfrocks can you give us some indication of your intentions for XF Arcade?

Alien likes this.
  15. Kevin

Kevin New Member

16. Dave

Dave New Member

Hi everyone,

Very sad to notice the lack of interest by the developer.

However, in its present form - Is the arcade useable? Does anyone have a link they wouldnt mind sharing where I can see the arcade in action?

Thanks

Dave

1. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @Dave http://www.generalchatter.co.uk/arcade/

It is playable for guests

Dave likes this.
  17. Alien

Alien Member

I wouldn't recommend this installed anywhere without commitment from the development of future updates and such, especially with XF 2.0 sometime in 2015 requiring quite a few changes for compatibility. You'd hate to have to bring it online for members, then bring it offline indefinitely later this year...

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Dave @Alien Exactly what I was later thinking. Point well made.

Alien likes this.
  18. MattW

MattW Member

Is this still supported? I've just started hosting a site for someone, and they are having the following issue:

upload_2015-2-25_18-45-16.png

Archive_Tar is installed on the server, so not sure where the issue could be?

1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @MattW I took at a look at this on my server since I'm having the same issue. It looks like the problem is not with having pear or archive_tar installed (both of which are needed) but rather that it can't find the file that was uploaded in the Import screen. In Arcade/Model/Import.php it is trying to decompress the upload file and is failing.

Nobody knows if the project is still alive or if it has been abandoned.

hollosch likes this.
    2. MattW

MattW Member

MattW @Kevin Thanks for confirming. I double checked everything myself, including getting cPanel support to check my server over (I had issued getting it to re-install, as Archive_Tar is required by pear to be able to install other pear modules)

19. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Just want to let you guys know that I still keep track of this add-on's issues. Haven't seen anything too much broken yet so I haven't issued any updates. In the processing of back tracing works from last year and I hope I will be able to find time to work on this. It has been a busy year. I also want to thanks all the supporters and testers of this add-on :)

Have a nice day.

Neal, EvilSS, Alien and 4 others like this.
    1. John

John Member

John @xfrocks So you haven't found the scores not saving issue? I mean that's been reported a number of times...

20. Mike

Mike New Member

Is v0.2.1b still latest?

1. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @Mike Yes.

xfrocks likes this.