[bd] Widget Framework v2.6.0 (BETA)

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by xfrocks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

This is the beta version of [bd] Widget Framework. This version improves a lot in user experience and interface. Big changes include:
    • New Layout Editor feature in front-end with complete drag and drop
    • Widget Page layout editor has been removed (use Layout Editor above)
    • Widget Page row/column has been removed too. All existing page widgets will be migrated on upgrade.
    • Many new style properties
    • Expression has been deprecated and replaced by Conditional for security reason. Old expression still works but you are advised to use Conditional when possible.
    PLEASE back up xf_widget database table before upgrade to avoid data loss.

Dadparvar, jOOc, maszd and 5 others like this.
  2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

First beta.

Attached Files:

Dadparvar likes this.
    1. creativeforge

creativeforge New Member

creativeforge @xfrocks Hi, I just uploaded the BETA version, and then imported the xml via the ACP. It's showing a few errors.

upload_2015-3-15_18-6-13.png

Also, I could not find the
      • New Layout Editor feature in front-end with complete drag and drop
      Could you help me figure this out?

Thanks!

3. John

John Member

Cool stuff.

Some suggestions...
    • There has to be a notification of some kind to let users know they are in Layout Editor mode. There should also be a link that says "Exit Layout Editor" so people can return to the normal view easier.
    • All of my side widgets that I set to wf_widget_page_index no longer show up on my index page, how can I fix this?
    Appreciate any help you can give @xfrocks

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The layout editor should be highlighted when it is in layout editor mode, it doesn't work on your site?
    For side widgets, I assume you meant sidebar widgets? Does content widget show up for you?

1. John

John Member

John @xfrocks It's probably because the theme for UI.X actually puts all admin tabs under 1 drop-down. So I never see the highlighted tab. So it would be nice to add a notice at the top of the page:

"You are currently using the Layout Editor, click here to exit."

And yes, I mean the widgets for the sidebar. I currently have them specified for wf_widget_page_index but there are none showing up on my page.

http://www.otakutalk.com

anto74 likes this.
    2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @John Because the template name has been changed. It is wf_widget_page now ;)

3. John

John Member

John @xfrocks Sorry never replied, but it's good to go. No issues with this beta on my production site :)

GEORGiOBBLOVER and xfrocks like this.
    4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @John Awesome :)

5. maszd

maszd New Member

@xfrocks can this version add a widget for latest unread topic/posts, its very usefull without click new posts tab to see all unread posts,,thanks.

6. Allan

Allan New Member

@xfrocks , did you have a good return, can you really install it without problems?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Allan No problem so far but it still needs some minor improvement (phrasing etc.). Also, are you aware of the new breaking changes? Like the new conditional (instead of old expression). Also, widget page layouting is completely replaced.

7. John

John Member

Hey @xfrocks, I posted this on XenForo, but I want to do something special with the widget index page I created with the BETA. I want the title to be "Site Name | Slogan", but right now it's "Home | Site Name". How would I go about changing that? Is there a template conditional I can use to overwrite that?

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The "| Site Name" part is rendered by XenForo itself (in template PAGE_CONTAINER) and pages can only change the part before that. For example, for threads the title is always "Thread Title | Site Name". If you wish to change it to anything else, you will need to edit the template. This part

Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
    You can change it like this...

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$bodyClasses} == 'node10'">
    <title>Site Name | Slogan</title>
    <xen:else />
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
    </xen:if>
    Replace 10 in "node10" with your node id.

9. John

John Member

Hey @xfrocks ,

Looks like this breaks UI.X completely. I've also noticed disabling this plugin greatly speeds up my forum. Looks like I'll have to remove this plugin going forward unfortunately :(.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @John Sorry to hear that. What widget did you put up? Each widgets will have certain performance hit but most of them are cached so the site should function fast anyway.

2. John

John Member

John @xfrocks I only had widgets enabled for the home page (which was a widget page) and then the forum listing page. I used things like the shoutbox, media blocks (because I can't tap into the default ones that the media gallery creates with the widget framework enabled). Then I simply re-created the right-side to be like default with those custom ones enabled. I didn't make any of my own or anything like that.

I used it fairly stock. Have to find another way to have a portal page :(

3. John

John Member

John @xfrocks I think something was wrong with my forum. Because I re-enabled the widget framework and UI.X works fine now and the speed is good to go...

I don't understand it. I know it was acting up because I asked Audentio (Mike) to look into it and he saw the same thing. Works now...weird.

Sorry to scare you!

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @John Oh, that's good to know! Thanks.

10. creativeforge

creativeforge New Member

I just found the LAYOUT EDITOR. It's on top of the page beside the ADMIN link. For anyone who's suffered temporary blindness as I have ... :cool:

WARNING!!!! This Layout Editor is SICK!!! Thanks for a great addon, guys...

xfrocks likes this.
  11. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

#30 xfrocks, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    New beta.

Change logs
    • Threads renderer now does AJAX loading if in tabs group
    • Performance tweaks
    • Bug fixes

Attached Files:

otto, maszd and gemma like this.
  12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

New beta. This one is mostly bug fixes.

Attached Files:

otto, toodlez and maszd like this.
  13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

New beta. Fixed a bug in Threads renderer while fetching forum read data.

Attached Files:

Veer, zoldos, RoldanLT and 6 others like this.
  14. otaku

otaku New Member

will the new post widget be added for 1.5.0?

RoldanLT and otto like this.
  15. Stephan Whelan

Stephan Whelan New Member

Is this going to come out of beta anytime soon?

Veer, otaku, Thanh and 3 others like this.
  16. otaku

otaku New Member

what code do i need to insert in a html template for adding a widget location? inserting a hook doesn't seem to work anymore

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @otaku Which hook position are you trying?

17. otaku

otaku New Member

a hook that i made myself. underneath the "ad_above content" hook but above forum nodes, since I want siropu chat on top but your widgets stand higher.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @otaku Can you take screenshot of the template where you inserted your hook and another screenshot of the widget you are trying to create? There must be some mistake.

18. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Upgrading to the latest version results in this error:

Server Error Log
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Undefined index: group_id - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php:54
    Generated By: alfa, 4 minutes ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(54): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/...', 54, Array)
    #1 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(175): _Layout_Vertical->_doLayout_finishedGroup(Array)
    #2 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(135): _Layout_Multiple->_doLayout(Array)
    #3 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(40): _Layout_Multiple->__construct(Array, Array, Array)
    #4 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(271): WidgetFramework_Helper_OldPageLayout::buildLayoutTree(Array)
    #5 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(210): WidgetFramework_Installer::_updatePositionGroupAndDisplayOrderForWidgetsOfPages()
    #6 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(82): WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized(Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Installer::install(Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
    #8 /library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
    #9 /library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'widget_framewor...')
    #10 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(237): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpFvyZBW', 'widget_framewor...')
    #11 /library/Nobita/Teams/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(7): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
    #12 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Nobita_Teams_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Addon->actionUpgrade()
    #13 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #14 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #15 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(71) " /admin.php?add-ons/widget_framework/upgrade"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/widget_framework/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    }
    }

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @alfa1 Sorry for your problem, please try this version https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/

alfa1 likes this.
  19. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Thanks for the swift reaction. Now I am getting this one:
    Code:
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Undefined index: group_id - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php:54
    Generated By: alfa, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(54): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 54, Array)
    #1 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(175): _Layout_Vertical->_doLayout_finishedGroup(Array)
    #2 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(135): _Layout_Multiple->_doLayout(Array)
    #3 /library/WidgetFramework/Helper/OldPageLayout.php(40): _Layout_Multiple->__construct(Array, Array, Array)
    #4 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(271): WidgetFramework_Helper_OldPageLayout::buildLayoutTree(Array)
    #5 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(210): WidgetFramework_Installer::_updatePositionGroupAndDisplayOrderForWidgetsOfPages()
    #6 /library/WidgetFramework/Installer.php(82): WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized(Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Installer::install(Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
    #8 /library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
    #9 /library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'widget_framewor...')
    #10 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(237): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpVB78ZU', 'widget_framewor...')
    #11 /library/Nobita/Teams/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(7): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
    #12 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Nobita_Teams_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Addon->actionUpgrade()
    #13 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #14 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #15 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(71) " /admin.php?add-ons/widget_framework/upgrade"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["add-ons/widget_framework/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(3) {
        ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
        ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
      }
    }

1. farang

farang New Member

farang @alfa1 I got something similar when I tried. Did you find the reason yet?