[bd] Widget Framework v2.6.0 (BETA)

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by xfrocks, Sep 16, 2014.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

No, I have no fix yet. I cannot install it and widget framework is no longer functional on my site.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

New beta has been put available, please spend a few minutes to update and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

eva2000 and alfa1 like this.
  3. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Now the install goes well, but all widgets and pages are gone. On adding a new widget I immediately get this:
    Code:
    Server Error Log
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Declaration of vw_WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::render() should be compatible with WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::render(array &$widgetRef, $positionCode, array $params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template, &$output) - library/vw/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php:228
    Generated By: alfa, A moment ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2048, 'Declaration of ...', '/...', 228, Array)
    #1 /library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
    #2 /library/XenForo/Application.php(1050): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('vw_WidgetFramew...')
    #3 /library/XenForo/Application.php(465): XenForo_Application::autoload('vw_WidgetFramew...')
    #4 /library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(829): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('vw_WidgetFramew...', 'widget_renderer')
    #5 /library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(679): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::create('vw_WidgetFramew...')
    #6 /library/WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php(620): WidgetFramework_Core::getRenderer('vw_WidgetFramew...')
    #7 /library/WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php(111): WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->_getRenderersList()
    #8 /library/WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php(85): WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->_getResponseAddOrEdit(Array, Array)
    #9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->actionAdd()
    #10 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #11 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #12 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(50) " /admin.php?widgets/add"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["widgets/add"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

4. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

It seems to be related to this:

• Expression has been deprecated and replaced by Conditional for security reason.

RoldanLT likes this.
  5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas New Member

Some great improvements potentially, but a bit buggy.

After the upgrade, I lost my tabbed widgets (group) in sidebar, and can't see in the widget list how to regroup them

A column group on the widget page is too wide, it has no margin on the right. Row group is fine - it as the margin.

6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Your error looks like a conflict vs. some vw_* add-on? Not a problem with the Expression/Conditional change.

When you edit a widget, you should see an option to "Create New Group", enable it and you will be able to select widgets in the same position to group them together. Let me know if you can't find the new option.

1. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas New Member

Pete Thomas @xfrocks
      If I edit a widget in on the widget page I see the option to create a group, but not when I click a widget in the widget list, which is where the sidebar widgets are. And as I said my previously grouped sidebar widgets are no longer grouped.

2. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

alfa1 @xfrocks This is related to Vaultwiki. The developer pegasus would like to get into contact but cannot register here. Please see: https://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/4523/
      You can reach pegasus there or on xenforo.com

7. Regs

Regs New Member

Using 2.6.0 Beta 5

How do I put widgets side-by-side on

(1) a widget page
    (2) in a hook location somewhere (not sidebar)

Is this possible anymore?

Cheers,

Regs.

8. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Create a widget group and then set it to columns.

The problem is that there is no button to create a new widget group. But you can go edit an existing group and create a new group from there.

Regs likes this.
  9. Regs

Regs New Member

Finally, some progress - thank you so much @alfa1 !

Notes:
    • The "group" container overflows outside of the right side
    • Group "title" does not show
    • Threads with latest replies doesn't respect selected forums only setting (everyone seems to be reporting this)
    @xfrocks

Can you look into fixing some of these bugs and make it easier to create a new widget group?

Cheers,

Regs.

alfa1 likes this.
  10. Regs

Regs New Member

@xfrocks

Can you comment on some of the bugs that have been reported?

Cheers,

Regs.

11. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

I bought a years account upgrade to support @xfrocks for his work. It says 'Questions are guaranteed to be answered within 24 hours.'
    But there seems no response for weeks.

Crazy-Achmet and Regs like this.
    1. Regs

Regs New Member

Regs @alfa1 I did a month to see how it went (not well apparently) - like you, I am not adverse to supporting developers but something isn't right here!

Come on @xfrocks - plenty of people will support you but you need to let us know if you are going to give support back here (aside from FREE releases).

xfrocks likes this.
  12. Spinball

Spinball New Member

I have heard that the Widget Framework (which we use on every page on www.AVForums.com) has issues with php 7 and I need to use 2.6.0 beta for it to work.
    But I'm worried because 2.6.0 has been in development for nearly 18 months. Is it actually going to get released, do you think?

alfa1 likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Spinball Unlike other projects, v2.6 has been under development constantly with regular updates and bug fixes during that time (see github.com for more information). It is still under beta status though because we haven't had enough confidence that it won't break existing sites / widgets / pages. Basically the installer is still not good enough for a smooth update :(

Kerby likes this.
    2. Spinball

Spinball New Member

#59 Spinball, Mar 19, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
      Spinball @xfrocks Thanks for the update. Provided I can downgrade back to the current version if I need to, I am happy to beta test the addon on our sandbox which is loaded with PHP7.

alfa1 likes this.
  13. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas New Member

Are there instructions anywhere on how to use conditionals?

For example I want to hide or show a widget to a specific usergroup.

I've tried using the guide here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

But whatever I try, I keep getting an error:

e.g.
    Code:
    xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor,3}"
    The following error occurred:
    Line 1: Template syntax error.

14. clackey

clackey New Member

I accidentally installed an older version of the beta (2.6.0-dev103-BETA) and it didn't work so I uninstalled and deleted the files. I then tried to install 2.6.3 beta 14 but get the following error on install.

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 195
    5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 92
    6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 528
    9. AddOnInstaller_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionStepInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/autelxpilots.com/public/admin.php at line 13
    I installed the old version and uninstall it again just to be sure but that didn't resolve it.

Any ideas how to get past this?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @clackey Looks like the uninstallation didn't go through. If you are still having this issue, try to run this MySQL query before reinstalling

Code:
      DELETE FROM xf_node_type WHERE node_type_id = 'WF_WidgetPage';

15. clackey

clackey New Member

Thanks. That worked.

I may have found one other issue. I wasn't able to get the tabs to work like I had it on the old version. I created a group (with the checkbox) but it looks like it defaulted to columns and didn't give me an option to change it - or at least I couldn't locate it. Below are the pics of the group on the site and in the admin.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 1.00.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 12.46.15 PM.png

16. clackey

clackey New Member

Nevermind. I figured it out. Had to go into the front end editor to change it to tabs. Works now.

17. clackey

clackey New Member

Ran into another issue with 2.6.3. This one was upgraded from a 2.5.9. When I try and add a new widget I get the following error. Doesn't seem to matter which widget I choose as they all fail. I also tried through the layout editor and tried to create a new group. All gave me the same error.

The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'group_id' in 'field list'
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php at line 17
    WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->createGroupContaining() in WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php at line 256
    WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/gopropilots.com/public/admin.php at line 13

18. clackey

clackey New Member

I deleted and reinstalled. That seemed to fix it. Must be an issue with the upgrade from 2.5.9.

alfa1 likes this.
  19. Lemminator

Lemminator New Member

have some error message

Code:
    ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Base' not found - library/vw/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/v26.php:3
    Generiert durch: Anonymous, Heute um 08:32 Uhr
    Stapelverfolgung
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Benötigter Status
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(56) "https://www.elnino-onlinegaming.de/admin.php?widgets/add"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["widgets/add"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

Code:
    An exception occurred: Declaration of vw_WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_v25::render(array $widget, $positionCode, array $params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template, &$output) should be compatible with WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::render(array &$widgetRef, $positionCode, array $params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template, &$output) in /www/htdocs/w01263e7/elnino-onlinegaming.de/library/vw/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/v25.php on line 3

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in vw/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/v25.php at line 3
    include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1052
    XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 465
    XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 897
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::create() in WidgetFramework/ViewAdmin/Widget/List.php at line 19
    WidgetFramework_ViewAdmin_Widget_List->prepareParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 78
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 606
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/htdocs/w01263e7/elnino-onlinegaming.de/admin.php at line 13

20. RobinHood

RobinHood New Member