Can you share some Widget Page Examples?

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by BamaStangGuy, Oct 9, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy New Member

I really would like to see some examples of others using the Widget Page node. I'm not quite sure what all the layout settings do and I think a visual example would help. Can you or others share what you have done?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

anto74 likes this.
  3. anto74

anto74 Member

Thanks!
    One question: bdContentList_WidgetRenderer_Items what is? It's fantastic renderer but i don't see this renderer in default package .
    Antonio

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Oh,

It is a renderer from an unreleased add-on. It's similar to the Threads renderer with more option to choose threads to show. Also, the site has some template changes to show those big thumbnail :D

5. anto74

anto74 Member

It's fantastic! ;)

6. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy New Member

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You will need to do most of the left sidebar with HTML widgets. For the main content, you can use Threads widget (and some HTML widgets). The stats widget is also available.

8. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy New Member

I am having a problem with the layout portion. Nothing seems to go where I want it to.

Test: http://youtubethrottling.com/
    admin
    reeftest

Screenshot 2014-05-05 16.38.51.png

Adding that simple one puts the Welcome part below New Threads.

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You can click "Edit" and scroll to the bottom, change the "position" of them to make sure "New Threads" is above "Welcome".

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy New Member

BamaStangGuy @xfrocks The problem is I want Welcome above new threads but no way I try it does that.

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

First you can try dragging. If that doesn't work, try click the "Edit" link of those widgets and change the position. If you did try that, please take screenshot of the current positions.

11. stacy.c

stacy.c New Member

I'm having the same issue with positioning. Dragging doesn't resolve it nor does manually editing the position number in the widget settings.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @stacy.c The dragging is a bit silly. Have you tried dragging the top widget downward? Also, how did you edit it manually? That is guaranteed to work. Screenshots would be great.

12. stacy.c

stacy.c New Member

My manual edits were to set the position to 0/0 for the one I wanted on top, and 1/0 for the one I wanted below that.
    Isn’t that the correct method for positioning on the page?