Latest Posts issue

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by tonmo, Mar 25, 2014.

1. tonmo

tonmo New Member

I use the Thread renderer to generate Latest Posts using the Default layout (which is Lists).

The username under the Thread Title shows the most recent person who posted. This same username is also in the rightmost column, under the "Last Message" column.

I would think that the username under the Thread Title should be the username for the person who started the thread. And the rightmost username would be of the person who was the latest to post.

Is this a defect, or just a request to change functionality? In either case, I hope to get it addressed - please advise, thanks!

2. tonmo

tonmo New Member

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response. If you choose the "New Replies" type, it will show the last poster username. You can choose the "New Replies (use first poster avatar)" if you want the thread poster.

4. tonmo

tonmo New Member

that was easy! :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tonmo You got it working?

5. tonmo

tonmo New Member

yes, but I discovered that in mobile responsive design, with this setting, only the seed poster shows up, which isn't great. Would be good if the mobile view showed only the most recent poster, where desktop view shows both.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tonmo Actually that's XenForo layout. I cannot change that...