Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by WebG, Aug 1, 2018.

1. WebG

WebG New Member

Hello!

I would like to merge the functionality of both "New Posts" and "Threads" widgets where it will show the latest threads, and latest threads that were replied to. So it will show:

- When a new thread is started
    - When someone replies to a thread, with reply author's name and thread's title
    - Not to show a thread twice in the list

Thank you in advance!

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

I think the "New Posts" widget type is working that way already?

3. WebG

WebG New Member

Hello @xfrocks, it is in a way. However, the sorting order on that is based on the thread and not the replies. Is there a way to change that? Thank you!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @WebG If you want to order by reply post_date instead of thread's use "Latest Replies".

2. WebG

WebG New Member

WebG @xfrocks But that brings up back to the initial post, where new threads aren't included unless they're replied. The idea is having the same functionality of "New posts", but with the order of Latest Replies

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @WebG Hmm, maybe I will change the "Latest Replies" to include new threads. It makes more sense that way...

Doing that would solve your problem right?

4. WebG

WebG New Member

WebG @xfrocks That should do it yeah, thank you!

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

WebG likes this.
    1. WebG

WebG New Member

WebG @xfrocks Looks great! Thank you! Quick question, is there an option to change the links to go to the last reply instead of first? Just in case they wanted to change that in the future