Resolved Threads Cutoff doesnt work on threads renderer

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by alfa1, Feb 22, 2017.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

The Threads Cutoff limit has no effect on the Threads renderer.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Which type are you using? It does not work on all types FYI.

3. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

'New Threads' default Layout.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, cutoff doesn't work with new threads. And it doesn't make sense anyway because cutoff depends on thread creation date and new threads also sort by that field. The cutoff is there for sorting that does not have an index in the database (e.g. view count, like count, reply count).

5. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

It makes sense to have a cutoff time if you want to display the latest announcements on your portal. Old announcements have no relevancy. Therefore I want the cutoff time to work for thread creation time.

Example:
    A user replies to an announcement from 2006. This thread is then bumped to the home page. We show the announcements widget at the top of the home page.
    To get rid of it, I need to delete the reply that the user made.

Another example:
    We migrated from vb to XF. If we display the last X threads, then it will display announcements about vbulletin, which is irrelevant and should not be on our homepage. So I have changed the number of threads from 10 to 3 to hide this. But if I post a few new announcements then I need to change the number of threads again.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @alfa1 That makes sense. I will change it and have it work with all type now.

alfa1 likes this.