I can't "Push to Forum" when creating a post.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by RastaLulz, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. RastaLulz

RastaLulz New Member

#1 , Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Aside from the ability to push an article to the forums, everything else API related seems to be working (like logging in users, getting an accurate list of all forums, latest threads widget, etc). However, when publishing and/or updating an article, the push to forum function doesn't work; no thread is created, and from my logs it looks like it isn't even posting an API request to do so.

Any insight/help would be appreciated, as I'd like the ability to push articles to the forum via this option.

EDIT:

For some reason, I had create at least one "Tag / Forum Mappings" to get the ability to push to a forum without a tag, a bit odd.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Which logs are you checking?

1. RastaLulz

RastaLulz New Member

RastaLulz @xfrocks I was checking the request logs on the server itself, along with the ones logged by the API under Tools, and nothing was being posted to the "/threads" endpoint. I also tried this on two different installations, as it didn't make much sense, as all the other API related things were working. What triggered it to start working was adding a tag to "Tag / Forum Mappings", and posting an article with said tag, after that it worked just fine without any tags. Not sure if something is triggered in that process, that isn't when you don't set a tag up.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

So you are saying the "push to forum" feature only works with at least one mapping setup? o_O

1. RastaLulz

RastaLulz New Member

RastaLulz @xfrocks I just did a fresh install of WordPress and XenForo on localhost to confirm what I experienced last night, and to get "Push to Forum" to work, you have to have add at least one WordPress tag, then press the save changes button on the "Post & Comment" tab. Just as a note, you don't have to add a mapping, you can simply leave the two fields blank and press save changes, and it'll work. I'm not sure what happens when you install the WordPress plugin on an installation that already has WordPress tags, but in my case, I did not have any. Spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot it. But after you've done what I described above, you can delete all tags on WordPress and "Push to Forum" still works. The cause for the issue must be a case where something isn't being triggered initially when the WordPress plugin is being installed/activated (and there's no WordPress tags), that I've somehow been able to trigger when saving changes to "Post & Comment" tab after adding at least one tag.

4. Allpar Dave

Allpar Dave New Member

I have set it up with a mapping but am still not getting anything to show up. I tried manual synch, I tried using the WordPress manual "push to forum," I tried the tag mapping.

The log reports:
    array(6) {
    ["_origRoutePath"] => string(12) "oauth/token/"
    ["_matchedRoutePath"] => string(12) "oauth/token/"
    ["grant_type"] => string(13) "refresh_token"
    ["client_id"] => string(10) "[censored]"
    ["client_secret"] => string(15) "[censored]"
    ["refresh_token"] => string(40) "[censored]"
    }

Response (200)
    array(9) {
    ["access_token"] => string(40) "[censored]"
    ["expires_in"] => string(4) "3600"
    ["token_type"] => string(6) "Bearer"
    ["scope"] => string(35) "read post usercp conversate admincp"
    ["refresh_token"] => string(40) "[censored]"
    ["user_id"] => string(1) "*"
    ["refresh_token_expires_in"] => string(1) "*"
    ["_statusCode"] => string(1) "*"
    ["_headers"] => array(2) {
    ["Cache-Control"] => string(1) "*"
    ["Pragma"] => string(1) "*"
    }
    }

5. Allpar Dave

Allpar Dave New Member

It is now working but only if I manually select a forum, not via tag association. I wish I could re-order them!

6. Allpar Dave

Allpar Dave New Member

OK, now it's working completely except I can't change the username it posts with...