Making a WP post gives me this error.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Fixxer, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Hi,

After finishing installing everything, i go to make a post on WP via the 'post' feature (example below);

[​IMG]

And when i hit 'publish' i get this;

[​IMG]

What's happening here? :S

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

In your screenshot, it looks like you have a network connection issue.

And the error when you hit publish is a warning about you haven't configured the tag-forum mapping just yet.

3. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Also, how is User management handled?

Is there currently a feature similar to Xenword? Link here

Because that lets you merge the user side of things.. Does this have that?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fixxer User are detected by matching email and will be offered to associated their accounts.
      Users with no WordPress account will have their account created automatically and managed by the plugin.

There are a lot of features in the other plugin, which ones are you looking for? There is no "merging" so to speak, only association FYI.

4. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Alright..

Well i still can't get this working.
    Making a post on WP gives that error, and i've tried a lot...

Is there anything you can suggest to try to resolve it?

The post comes up, so it's going through but every time i make a post on the homepage in WP it comes up with that.

VERY annoying :(

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Have you configured the tag-forum mapping?

The "error" that you mentioned, it is in the screenshot or you meant the warning?

Please be more specific, thank you.

6. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Also an issue im having;

Xenforo and Wordpress accounts arent linked, apparently.

Creating a brand new standard user Xenforo account via the forums, then going to the homepage and going to comment on a post, it asks me to log in, (although im already logged in with Xenforo) and directs to the Wordpress login page. :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(already logged in to xenforo)

7. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

In XF

[​IMG]

but in WP

[​IMG]

Is this supposed to happen?

XF users need to make TWO accounts? :S

So confusing.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please reread this:

For your Caliber accounts, because the WordPress account is created with identical username as the XenForo account, the plugin cannot create a new WordPress account for you. Hence you need to associate the two accounts manually by going to http://domain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/profile.php, scroll to the bottom.

Normal users won't have to do this.

9. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Now pressing 'log out' on WP gives me this;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_encrypt() in /home/(mydomain)/public_html/forums/library/bdApi/Crypt.php on line 86

Urgh... Having so many issues with this... I don't know what to do anymore..

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It's a requirement when you install [bd] API add-on actually. You can ask your hosting provider to setup the PHP extension for you.

11. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

What do you mean? I dont understand..

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fixxer The add-on [bd] API (the XenForo add-on) has high security built-in and it encrypts all of its data so outsider cannot gain access. In order to do that, it uses PHP Mcrypt. Ask your hosting provider to install it on your server for you to ensure security.

12. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Alright, i have my host working on it.

In the meantime i'll probably just wipe everything and start over again, incase i've missed something.

And also, is the following an essential part of installing the API system? Because i only just saw it, and haven't done any of that. Is that required as well?
    https://xfrocks.com/api-support/threads/howto-authenticate-user-in-wordpress-with-xenforo.69/

[HOWTO] Authenticate user in WordPress with XenForo

Prerequisite XenForo 1.1.5+ [bd] API 1.0+ WordPress 3.5.1+ WordPress Social Login 2.1.3+ Step 1. [XenForo] Obtain API Client credentials Go to...
    xfrocks.com

When you say 'tag-forum mapping' what exactly do you mean? A bit confused by that.

Where is this done? And what forum? XF? WP? Where abouts? What settings?

Just a bit confused.

Thanks

13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No, you don't need to follow that. Installing [bd] API is really straightforward.

I meant this in the WordPress option page. It is used to sync post with a specific tag from WordPress to a thread in a forum in XenForo.
    Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 5.39.39 AM.png

1. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

#16 Fixxer, Mar 9, 2014
      Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
      Fixxer @xfrocks I can't find this ANYWHERE.

Where exactly is this?

I see no 'options' tab anywhere in Wordpress..

EDIT:

Oh right, in the API.
      I don't understand how tagging works?

What exactly is it for? Is this the same as tagging posts like 'News' 'Updates' 'Guides', etc? How does this tagging actually function? What use is it for XF and WP?

Also, i did it, and it works, no error now. Thanks.

14. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes. You haven't used WordPress before?

15. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Why does it REQUIRE tagging, though?
    What if someone doesn't want to use tags?

Does this mean they have to tag every post they make?

And yes, i'm new-ish to it. Been spending just about every day the last week learning it. Have most of it down for the majority, but something like this tagging system isn't very intuitive or descriptive. Even though it appears to tag posts, it still isn't very difinitive of what it actually does or how it works.

16. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It is not required to tag post. But if publisher want some post to go to XenForo, that post need to be tagged.