SEO? Duplicate content?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by titocento, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. titocento

titocento New Member

Hi,

Is there any seo issues about duplicate content if we do two ways sync between xf and wp? i'm worried about this.

Regards,

2. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

If you have comments/replies integration you have to disable indexing in the forums that have the comments of blogs...You can use the Metadata addon by Brivium for that.

3. titocento

titocento New Member

Mmm, the idea is that the blog will reproduce the contents of the forum so there will be no specific subforum for the comments of the blog. Is that a bad idea? What do you recommend?

1. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Maximilian @titocento I suggest to remove indexing on contents of the forum (0nly of the nodes that host the same content of blogs.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian That would be a bit overkill IMOH.

3. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Maximilian @xfrocks Depends on what we are talking.

Example if i have a blog synched with 3 forums for the comments, for me the contents of the blogs are more important, so i remove indexing of the areas that host comments of the blog for avoid duplicate content.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The SEO impact is minimal if the site doesn't have too many comments. But yeah, I can see the problem for sites with lots of comments in WordPress posts.

5. titocento

titocento New Member

Thanks for your help guys, really. More details:

Here the important part is the forum, in fact the blog content is non-existant and hasn't been updated since 2012 so the idea is to show fresh content on the blog using new forum threads as posts. Again, there is no blog contents, it's only a frontpage for the forum. The blog is made with wordpress by the way.

Should i do comment syncing or only adding new posts with something like "new thread" and a link to the forum?

Regards,

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @titocento If you want to build an audience for the blog, it needs to have great contents or at least being shown in an interesting way. For now, your best option would be to not enable comment sync.

6. titocento

titocento New Member

Thanks!

xfrocks likes this.