Suggestion - Better descriptions of API options

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Fixxer, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Hi there,

One thing i noticed while using the API system is that there's a lot of options, most of which aren't obvious about what they do.

My suggestion is either linking within the plugin, under each option, or even maybe a post on this forum about EACH of the tickboxes both within Wordpress and Xenforo API options and tickboxes/inputs, so that after it's installed, the user can understand EXACTLY what each option does and decide if they need it on or off.

[​IMG]

For example;

"Post from wordpress to xenforo (as thread)" - Maybe mention where this option appears, if it's customisable, where to set what thread/board it posts to, and how to set it.

"Thread from xenforo to wordpress" - Needs more explanation. Yes, it allows you to, but how/where is it done? where are the options/configuration for this?

"Auto-publish synchronised post" - Very vague, what does this mean?

jumping to other examples further down, randomly.

"Logged-in Cookie" - This is really non-descriptive, and basically tells the user VERY little info.

But also, what about the Xenforo customisations/options too?

(I'm Not 100% sure if this is the right part of the customisation section for Xenforo API's options)

[​IMG]

The use/options/configs of these API configurations and customisations needs more detail or depth. A detailed post about very in-depth descriptions, i feel would help more people and save you a lot more time with people that run into problems or don't know what each option does.

This would result (hopefully) in less issues, less questions, and a more 'stream-lined' process for newer or unfamiliar users, or those with issues.

Thanks for reading my suggestion.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Totally agree :)

3. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Is there any plans to make a thread about each option, anytime soon?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, probably will go into FAQ thread.