Sync logged-in cookie issues

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Falcon, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Falcon

Falcon New Member

I'm having some problems with:

Sync logged-in cookie
    Use JavaScript to detect XenForo logged-in status and let user login to WordPress automatically. If user logs into WordPress first, try to regsiter XenForo logged-in status.

I did a test with all plugins disabled.

Logged in with the XenForo logged in form, but the wordpress side doesn't detect I'm logged in (I can login manually to both).

Is there a way to debug or test to see what's messing up?

I can PM site if need be.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

1. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Falcon @xfrocks Thank you, that worked perfect. I think this was set up before, don't know why it got cleared. Maybe I set up a new client down the road when I updated XF.

Thanks a lot!

xfrocks likes this.
    2. WMG

WMG New Member

WMG @xfrocks Maybe this is why I can't post. At the bottom of my profile, I get the following:

upload_2014-11-10_1-56-33.png

It only says "Connect to an account," and clicking it takes me right back to my profile. I am running this on a WP Network, although I am thinking of turning it off on the network and only using it on individual WP sites instead.

3. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Is there a minimum one you recommend turning on?

It did fix my problem, however I'm getting reports that it redirects users to /wp-admin/ if you don't click on the forums link fast enough? Any idea of which one of the three checks causes this?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

For WordPress integration, you need the READ, POST and CONVERSATE ;)

I don't understand the report, redirect user to /wp-admin? How?

Falcon likes this.
    1. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Falcon @xfrocks Hi xfrocks, I'll PM you some details. It's definitely weird!

xfrocks likes this.
  5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The plugin is designed to work with Network too. So that should not be a problem.

Can you take screenshot when you click the link? It may take you to XenForo. Or it may take you to WordPress login page. It should never redirect you back to profile.php though. It's important to take screenshot of the address bar of your browser too, there are some debug information there.

6. WMG

WMG New Member

When I click the link, it reloads the profile page. So actually my screenshot would look the same as it does above. :D

The link that is attached to "Connect to an account" is this:

Code:
    http://www.xxxxxx.com/wp-login.php?xfac=authorize&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxxxxx.com%2Fwp-admin%2Fprofile.php
    If I click the link, I end up back at http://www.xxxxxx.com/wp-admin.profile.php (which is what shows in the address bar).

Let me know what else you need--I'm at a computer and can post here quickly.

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Do you use Chrome? Please enable developer tool, go to Network tab, check the Preserve option. Click the link again. Then go to the Network tab, right click the first entry, choose Save as HAR and send me the file.

If you don't have the browser, can you share the login credentials so I can test myself?

8. WMG

WMG New Member

Got it. I'll send that privately to you. Thanks!

9. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Thanks @xfrocks for all your help in resolving the matter! It happened to be a simple fix.

xfrocks likes this.