Where do you get the XenForo API Wordpress Plugin?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Fixxer, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

So i was reading the REQUIREMENTS and it mentions the xenforo API plugin for Wordpress.

I did a search and it does not come up. Are you able to link to it please?

Thanks.

2. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

ALSO:

The REQUIREMENTS/INSTALLATION page, where it says;

Prerequisite:
    Site addresses and paths:
    This assumption is used in the HOWTO to give detail instruction. You are not required to have XenForo and WordPress installed in the same path and address structure. In fact, you can have them install in different servers. Or you can even have more than one WordPress site.

Steps:

Does this mean, we do all of this, then purchase something from you, then you set it all up for us?

3. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Thanks. While i have you;

On the note of this service you offer;
    I'm not sure i understand how this all works, i don't think i understand much of all of this, but i really want to as i need what it offers, which is excellent WP/XF integration.

How does the process work?

Do we buy something from you, then complete the Pre-requisites, then contact you and you set everything up for us?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No, we only provide support here at xfrocks.com. We don't offer installation service officially but if you really need help, you can send us a request for quote. We will try to accommodate.

5. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

I'm just confused on how this all works. I read the installation guide, but don't understand how to actually start all of this.

So if i have all of the 'prerequisites', i don't actually need anything else and can just start installing things and it should work?

Something else that i'm confused with in this;

Image:
    [​IMG]

If i changed my paths to start with, so for example, if i set my xenforo install path to /www/forums/ and my wordpress to the root directory of the server, would that mess up the process or anything?

When you say 'pre-requisites' does this mean if we don't have our install paths exactly like the above, and then begin the install process, that it will not work, and that we need that exact install process?

6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You are not required to have them installed at those paths (as noted in your screenshot). The paths were there to help you know where to copy files etc.

7. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Alright thanks.

Also;

What about themes issues? Is there a likeliness that these bridges and modifications will break some themes for Wordpress and Xenforo or not be compatible alltogether?

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The plugin tries its best to use built-in WordPress theming elements. It even reuses the admin bar as its top bar. So you should be fine. In worst case, you can edit its template to match your theme.

The plugin supports the usage of different templates for different themes.