[bd] API for XenForo 2.0 2.0.0 Beta 7

Power up your XenForo installation.

1. pete

pete New Member

xf (/bbs) & WP (/wp) are on the same domain, but i've an .htaccess 301 redirect in place to mask the /wp/ subdirectory

could this be confusing things?

i've tried

domain.com
    domaincom/
    domaincom/wp
    domain.com/wp/

none work

edit: it works with a * in the whitelist....

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hmm, weird. It should work with "domain.com" too (assuming it's your domain). Can you send me the URL on the address bar when it said "invalid client"? It's okie if you want to start a convo for this btw.

3. pete

pete New Member

it actually works with domain.com in the whitelist - i thought I'd tried that before, but maybe not?

it's complaining about the guest account now but I don't think i need that...

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete Nice.

Regarding the guest account, that's up to you really.

pete likes this.
  4. pete

pete New Member

OK i think it's settled down now - i did have to go back into my WP account and refresh the connection, but it looks good now, so thanks for your help on this...

Next problem(s):

1. under the Post & Comment tab:
    Tag / Forum Mappings No XenForo forums found

2. When editing a post, the xenforo sidebar entry just says "XenForo Info", with nothing underneath

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete Oh, the beta doesn't support that part yet so WordPress plugin cannot get the data.

pete likes this.
  5. pete

pete New Member

any idea when it'll be able to create a thread for each post and sync comments?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete That part of the api is already in development, we will be doing some tests soon and a new beta will be released afterwards.

pete likes this.
  6. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

How do I configure it to talk to the XF1 master?

7. djbaxter

djbaxter New Member

Can anyone direct me to an installation and setup guide for this? The only one I can find is for XF1.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Alien and pete like this.
  9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

11. sub_ubi

sub_ubi New Member

We need users to have the ability to revoke access from the user menu. If they can authorize access, they need to be able to revoke as well.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @sub_ubi We have that feature in the XF1 version but it's not included in the beta version for XF2 yet. It will be added.

12. maxicep

maxicep Webmaster

Sorry, I can't see any document for it. So i have a question. @xfrocks

It is compatible with basically login/logout/cookie and get avatar url's with dateline?
    I need only them for login from portal software.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @maxicep This api system does not use cookie FYI. The authentication scheme is OAuth2, which uses access token with short time to live.