[bd] API for XenForo 2.0 2.2.0 Beta 1

Power up your XenForo installation.

1. pete

pete New Member

xf (/bbs) & WP (/wp) are on the same domain, but i've an .htaccess 301 redirect in place to mask the /wp/ subdirectory

could this be confusing things?

i've tried

domain.com
    domaincom/
    domaincom/wp
    domain.com/wp/

none work

edit: it works with a * in the whitelist....

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hmm, weird. It should work with "domain.com" too (assuming it's your domain). Can you send me the URL on the address bar when it said "invalid client"? It's okie if you want to start a convo for this btw.

3. pete

pete New Member

it actually works with domain.com in the whitelist - i thought I'd tried that before, but maybe not?

it's complaining about the guest account now but I don't think i need that...

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete Nice.

Regarding the guest account, that's up to you really.

pete likes this.
  4. pete

pete New Member

OK i think it's settled down now - i did have to go back into my WP account and refresh the connection, but it looks good now, so thanks for your help on this...

Next problem(s):

1. under the Post & Comment tab:
    Tag / Forum Mappings No XenForo forums found

2. When editing a post, the xenforo sidebar entry just says "XenForo Info", with nothing underneath

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete Oh, the beta doesn't support that part yet so WordPress plugin cannot get the data.

pete likes this.
  5. pete

pete New Member

any idea when it'll be able to create a thread for each post and sync comments?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @pete That part of the api is already in development, we will be doing some tests soon and a new beta will be released afterwards.

pete likes this.
  6. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

How do I configure it to talk to the XF1 master?

7. djbaxter

djbaxter New Member

Can anyone direct me to an installation and setup guide for this? The only one I can find is for XF1.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Alien and pete like this.
  9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

11. sub_ubi

sub_ubi New Member

We need users to have the ability to revoke access from the user menu. If they can authorize access, they need to be able to revoke as well.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @sub_ubi We have that feature in the XF1 version but it's not included in the beta version for XF2 yet. It will be added.

sub_ubi likes this.
  12. maxicep

maxicep New Member

Sorry, I can't see any document for it. So i have a question. @xfrocks

It is compatible with basically login/logout/cookie and get avatar url's with dateline?
    I need only them for login from portal software.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @maxicep This api system does not use cookie FYI. The authentication scheme is OAuth2, which uses access token with short time to live.

13. ecruzartist

ecruzartist New Member

Hi there,
    There's a compatibility issue between this add-on and https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/xpress.

ThemeHouse Product & Subscription Update

So we can move forward on some of our goals, we're making a few changes on ThemeHouse. See what's changing and what we're doing next!
    themehouse.com

When xlink/xpress is activated, domain.com/api outputs this as an error ("An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.") with no other errors in the logs of xf2 or apache.

I need the former for it's feature set with my site on the same domain. But I need your add-on so that I can have my other sites on different domains (on the same server) hooked in too.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @ecruzartist Can you enable debug mode and try again. It should response with some specific error message.

14. ecruzartist

ecruzartist New Member

Sure. Thanks for taking a look at it.

sub_ubi likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @ecruzartist This looks like a serious conflict issue. I'll need to look into the other add-on code to see what is happening. You can either send me the package (which is probably incompatible with your license) or you can setup a staging server, I will ftp there.

2. ecruzartist

ecruzartist New Member

ecruzartist @xfrocks We don't have a staging server. I'll have to give you access to the live server. Could you send me your IP address so that I can whitelist it. Then I'll send you FTP and WP/XF login info.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @ecruzartist I have started a conversation with you to debug this further.

15. Foynat

Foynat New Member

I can't see a discussion thread for the Wordpress plugin so please allow me to post this here instead. The Wordpress plugin, in the Role / Group Mapping, is not ideal. Many sites will have a situation where they want two or more usergroups in Xenforo to be mapped to one role in Wordpress. Please consider this in a future version.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Foynat For WordPress plugin discussions, see here https://xfrocks.com/api-support/forums/wordpress.16/.
      WordPress
      xfrocks.com

Regarding the role suggestion, allowing multiple role per user group may require complicated sync logic. I'll see what can be done.

2. Foynat

Foynat New Member

Foynat @xfrocks Sorry for the confusion but my feature request was due to the fact that I had not understood very well how XF's usergroups work. I assumed they were like VBulletin's but actually in XF everyone is normally a member of the "Registered" usergroup, plus other secondary usegroups in addition. If I set my forum up this way then mapping multiple XF usergroups to one Wordpress role will not be necessary in my case.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Foynat Yes, if you do it the "XF way" then there will be no need for multi mapping.

Foynat likes this.
  16. Foynat

Foynat New Member

#58 Foynat, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    @xfrocks After installing this on XF 2.1 I get an error when I try to register a new user in XF:

Error
    Unknown column
    src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206

Code:
    Server error log
    InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206
    Generated by: Unknown account Jul 6, 2020 at 9:46 AM
    Stack trace
    #0 src/addons/Xfrocks/Api/Repository/Subscription.php(497): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->getValue('')
    #1 src/addons/Xfrocks/Api/XF/Entity/User.php(35): Xfrocks\Api\Repository\Subscription->pingUser('insert', Object(Xfrocks\Api\XF\Entity\User))
    #2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1219): Xfrocks\Api\XF\Entity\User->_postSave()
    #3 src/XF/Service/User/Registration.php(279): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
    #4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\User\Registration->_save()
    #5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(419): XF\Service\User\Registration->save()
    #6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
    #7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Register', 'Register', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
    #8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
    #9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
    #10 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
    #11 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
    #12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
    #13 {main}

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Foynat Looks like you enabled the subscription option but didn't configure the db field.

Foynat likes this.
  17. sub_ubi

sub_ubi New Member

Themehouse's XLink/Xwiki and bdAPI are incompatible unfortunately :(

18. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

xfrocks updated [bd] API for XenForo 2.0 with a new update entry:

Stability update

Read the rest of this update entry...

sub_ubi likes this.
  19. xfrocks