[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid] 1.3.7

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy New Member

I've tried to go back and forth between the s3, and local...and it's not working out so well for me.
    https://www.ohiosportsman.com/media/?page=1142

I can see the files in the s3 bucket, but can't seem to get them to revert locally...or even back to the bucket url.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you describe the steps that you took? Between each switch, did you run the move tool?

Apparently your site blocks my IP

1. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy @xfrocks What country are you in and I’ll be sure to unblock it...we get a lot of spam

I updated to the latest add on. I turn off the ad on and run the move tool.

For turning it back on, I fill in all the details...and run the move tool. Takes about 8 hours when the tool is ran. When I move it back I keep a local copy. The urls of the images are almost correct it’s just the domain they pull from that is wrong

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @TheComputerGuy I'm in Vietnam.

You said you turned off the add-on and run the move tool? That doesn't sound right because if you turn it off, the move tool will disappear.

You also said after turning it back on, you fill in all the details... Did you put in the same details as before (before turn update/turning off)?

About "just the domain they pull from that is wrong". For S3, the URL domain came from the bucket unless you specifically told it to use another domain.

3. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy @xfrocks I have found the security issue, and removed it. Can you try the link again.

3. TheComputerGuy

When I say turn it off, I do not mean disabling the add on but the option.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @TheComputerGuy Okie, so let me describe the steps again:

1. You were running some older version of the addon with S3, without issue.
      2. Update to latest version
      3. Switch option from S3 to default
      4. Make a backup and run move tool
      5. Switch option from default to S3, fill in the details
      6. Run move tool again, for 8 hours
      7. Compare urls after step 6 with backup from step 4, they are almost correct except the domain

Am I correct here? Now, some questions:

For step 4, how long did the tool take? After step 4, how much space internal_data/attachments were taking?
      The details in step 5 and the old configuration in step 1, are you sure that they are identical?
      For step 7, can you share previous URL and current URL?

Thank you.

4. Dryline

Dryline New Member

This add-on worked like a champ up to version 1.3.0, but the last couple of updates have messed up how attachments are handled using the S3 settings. There are a few people who have hinted or flat out said this, but to date it feels like the problem isn't being addressed. I just turned off S3 and set it back to default until this gets fixed in a new update. I have tried every piece of advice and procedure listed in your discussion threads and How To posts but nothing makes a bit of difference. Please take some time to fix what's wrong with how this add-on interfaces with S3 and why working configurations broke after upgrading to version 1.3.4 and beyond.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Dryline I'm actively working with admins to figure out what caused problem with their specific configuration. Maybe some combination of region is causing issue. We are running on S3 at xfrocks.com (Singapore region) and it's working without issue since the update...

Anyway, how did it stop working for your? No new upload or just flat out errors?

5. Dryline

Dryline New Member

It was very simple as to how it stopped working for me. I upgraded the add-on like usual and didn’t change anything in the ACP settings. Before long one of our members who posts images frequently reported he was unable to successfully post his photos and that’s when it started. I’m probably 3 weeks into this and no closer to a solution.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Dryline I assume you have no server error log? Do you have delayed processing turned on, probably a no too?

6. Dryline

Dryline New Member

I posted about this up thread and delayed processing has always been turned on. I have combed the server error logs in Cloudwatch and nothing stands out, only the S3-shippable-helper log was able to shed light on things - mainly the correct endpoint to use. The part I do not understand is it was showing the S3 region of east after the add-on upgrade to 1.3.4 when before it was set to west. That was not a setting I changed though, so I’m baffled as to how it automatically went to the east zone. Last night before I finally set it back to standard to get attachments working again I was getting a very similar error as was posted by here by Pete [bd] Attachment Store [Paid], but before that the same thing was occurring with us, the image would be there and then it would vanish after a few minutes, with no errors of any kind.

I can put the settings back to the way they were and post a screenshot of ACP, but not until this afternoon due to my schedule. If you want to have admin access to look around tell me what you need and I’ll work on it later today.

Edit: if you use Team Viewer we could work your access that way too, by you logging into my laptop where I have all the access you’ll ever need to check things out.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Dryline I will try TeamViewer then, please check your conversation. Thank you.

Dryline likes this.
  7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Dryline likes this.
    1. TheComputerGuy

2. vitoreis

vitoreis New Member

#542 vitoreis, Feb 14, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
      TheComputerGuy likes this.
  8. TheComputerGuy

So I tried just disabling the addon. The images are still broken.

9. TheComputerGuy

@xfrocks any type of feedback or suggestions?

10. cjwinternet

cjwinternet New Member

#543 cjwinternet, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Bit of a problem since our XF2 upgrade. Some UPPERCASE file extensions are being stored to the CDN (CDN77) but when XF2 tries to recall them in a browser, they're now lowercase and can't be found.

Example. This is stored as an uppercase extension (.JPG) but the link points to the lowercase (.jpg) https://cdn1.28dayslater.co.uk/xf/2017/10/1484786_f9e1c8a1b961df6ac0c1aec00e88d19f.jpg

Change the extension above to uppercase and the image works.

We need a fix so that the file extension case is not rewritten by XF2.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cjwinternet Are you the one who uploaded that file? If so, what is the filename of the file on your computer? Since you mentioned CDN77, I assume you used FTP to upload the files over there?

11. cjwinternet

cjwinternet New Member

I have just noticed that your XF2 software changes the file extension from uppercase to lowercase before it sends to the CDN.

What do we do about these older images though that are already uppercase on the CDN?

12. cjwinternet

cjwinternet New Member

Can you help please.

13. cjwinternet

cjwinternet New Member

No, i didn't upload the file. It was uploaded by your software in XF1, albeit using FTP.

14. cjwinternet

cjwinternet New Member

Can we have some help please. These files worked OK on XF1.

15. Triops

Triops New Member

This thread is fo the xf1 version. xf2 version is here.

@xfrocks
    Sorry for disturbing. Does the newer version 1.3.5c solve the problem I had with version 1.3.5b, where after upgrade from 1.3.0 no images could be uploaded to Xenforo Media Gallery anymore?

Here is my report:
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-attachment-store-paid.49712/post-1202012

[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Ok, but these are broken (screenshot above). So, you say "attachments thumbs" will be in S3 - all should be fine, local copy in data/attachments/114-266 And Xengallery thumbs are currently...
    xenforo.com

Thank you for your great addons!

1. Dryline

Dryline New Member

Dryline @Triops I was the reason for this update and just as the change log explains it was to fix a couple of issues with US West regions.

Triops likes this.
  16. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Installed and runing... works very well, but i have some questions: When i erase some upload picture, the picture dont erase in bucket? Configuration problem? Thank you.

1. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Oscar @Oscar Sorry... it works... I see that the picture have been erased. Thanks you.

17. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Another question: I have keycdn acount to serve static content... but i dont know if i can integrate.. and if it's worth it.

What about CloudFlare and cloudfront? Could you explain me what is the diference? And the benefict? Thank you.

18. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, files will be deleted by a cronjob so it will take a while.

CDN is useful if your site is image heavy, otherwise you may not need it. CloudFlare is free while CloudFront is not, that's the main difference :)

Oscar likes this.