[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.3

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

@xfrocks a bit urgent please.
    Please take a look at this addon, it's not working fine with XF 2.2.0
    Uploaded videos (like .mp4) aren't working and becomes 404.

Thank you.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @RoldanLT With XF 2.2.0 even without XMG installed, this addon doesn't work with video and audio files.

TimNL likes this.
  2. TimNL

TimNL New Member

Attachments only open in a new tab when you use a CDN as url! It is worrying that @xfrocks is slow with answering / updating. Not very reliable.

vlady likes this.
  3. fmsc88

fmsc88 New Member

The addon changes the timezone on the site, cron runs 3 hours later that the corresponding time.
    I have tested all version and happens the same, any quick fix @xfrocks please?

4. Mark778

Mark778 New Member

I confirm that on 2.2 uploading an mp4 causing it to 404. The url go to /data/video/ rather than the new destination however uploading pictures works fine. Can you please look at this?

Edit
    That is with Keep Local Copy unticked

5. Berkin

Berkin New Member

@xfrocks

Hello,

Is it safe to update Xenforo 2.2 right now? Is your plugin compatible with that version?

Thanks,
    Berkin

6. Fred.

Fred. New Member

I'm also planning to update to 2.2 in the next week. I can't keep waiting... It looks like xfrocks is not responding or does not know if he will update this add-on. If this add-on is a problem I will have to remove it and move on.

RoldanLT likes this.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Hi xfrocks,

I got 3 pages of this error logged today.
    Using PHP 7.4.13, XF 2.2.2, MariaDB 10.3.27.

Code:
    Server error log
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'bdattachmentstore_engine' of non-object src/addons/Xfrocks/AttachmentStore/XF/ControllerPlugin/Attachment.php:20
    Generated by: User101 Dec 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM
    Stack trace
    #0 src/addons/Xfrocks/AttachmentStore/XF/ControllerPlugin/Attachment.php(20): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 20, Array)
    #1 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(43): Xfrocks\AttachmentStore\XF\ControllerPlugin\Attachment->displayAttachment(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Attachment))
    #2 src/addons/Xfrocks/AttachmentStore/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(24): XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
    #3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): Xfrocks\AttachmentStore\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
    #4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Attachment', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Xfrocks\AttachmentStore\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
    #5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Xfrocks\AttachmentStore\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
    #6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
    #7 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
    #8 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
    #9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
    #10 {main}
    Request state
    array(4) {
      ["url"] => string(21) "/attachments/1094038/"
      ["referrer"] => string(53) "https://inter.net/threads/thread-title.124578/"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["/attachments/1094038/"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }
    And the attachment cannot be open with this error page:

eva2000 likes this.
  8. Fred.

Fred. New Member

Just to let everyone know here, I upgraded to XF 2.2 and everything went smooth. Not a single error. :cool:
    So no problems with this add-on for me. :)

9. rootksk

rootksk New Member

Not working this options. we changed ftp server but we get upload errors in old threads. After doing this I checked from the database, The old ftp server information is still visible
    yenidenyapilandir.jpg

caoanh204 likes this.
  10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

caoanh204 likes this.
    1. caoanh204

caoanh204 New Member

11. thienbui

thienbui Member

after i press F5 refresh it downloads normally.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 2.08.09 PM.jpg

12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Hi @xfrocks

I hope you have some some time to take a look at this issue.
    I got this error several times a day when someone uploads video on XFMG.

13. Nesdam1981

Nesdam1981 New Member

When uploading a file in resources using the connected S3 storage, it still stores a copy in default location. Clicking the download button pulls the file from S3 but there is also a copy when looking in the attachment browser pointing to default storage and clicking on the file from attachment browser it downloads from default storage, not S3. If I delete the attachment from browser, the download breaks in resources...

What's going on here?

PS: "Keep local copy" is not ticked.

14. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

This is expected. You should not delete attachment directly in the AdminCP.

This sounds like a conflict. How about post attachments? Do they work as expected?

15. Nesdam1981

Nesdam1981 New Member

So even if set to use S3 the uploaded attachment should be visible in the ACP?

Yep, same thing with post attachments.

Now I need to investigate though, if the attachment is shown in ACP even if S3 is used, is it just mirroring and not existing on my default storage? And maybe it shows my website as link when downloading from ACP but still downloading from S3?... Hmm.

16. Nesdam1981

Nesdam1981 New Member

This seems to be the way. When checking my local storage from cPanel there is no uploaded attachments for 45 minutes even if I just uploaded the attachment. And 45 minutes is correct since my last attachment without the addon.

17. Nesdam1981

Nesdam1981 New Member

#225 Nesdam1981, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Follow up questions... Does this addon allow one to bypass host file size if using S3 storage option? Eg. If my max post size in php ini is set to 128 MB but I set in xenforo 512 MB, would I be able to upload 512 MB?

And, would it be possible to add Backblaze as a storage option?

And, does using the Update attachment storage options in tools move all current attachments to the selected storage?

18. Sebouley

Sebouley New Member

Latest addon,
    On latest XF2.1
    WIth latest XFMG

This addon prevents uploading anything other than an image in XFMG

Videos, audio :; the upload process takes place, no error anywhere ( admin ou web) but it store the files nowhere on the disk, hence creating 100% broken links

I see that there was a previous" fix" for that same problem but the problem is still there,

19. accessnorton

accessnorton New Member

Hello,

I have purchased this add-on. The objective is to use a CDN for attachments. I have installed it and configured it to store the attachments in a directory call /external-attachments/. See screen shot.

Now I am am unclear about what to do next. There are some new tools under "Rebuild Caches". I am not sure what to do there. Its unclear at this point. Please provide instructions on how to serve images from my new directory to CDN (Bunny). It seems like this will replicate all attachments to the new directory. I need to be clear about this before moving forward.

Any help appreciated form either add-on owner or anyone else?

Thanks
    Jerry

Attached Files: