XF Arcade 0.2.0 Testing

Discussion in 'XF Arcade' started by xfrocks, May 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Alien

Alien Member

Or, you can combine things as seen here:

https://xfrocks.com/threads/arcade-project-section.174/#post-1806

Arcade Project section?

Well, it's been a month since the announcement and was hoping for a few tidbits or plans for the future... When will we be talking about this project...
    xfrocks.com

...and just make the "Highscores" column a simple icon that does a popup or hover-over for results) for the top 5 runners up (don't think we need 6 as seen now)?

Would be nice to somehow ditch the "Personal Best" column as well and produce the results via an icon as well. Tons of space to save here.

Veer likes this.
  2. gsd103

gsd103 New Member

The new ipb swf games I am installing all have a tiny screen. How do you make the game larger?

1. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @gsd103 I think it's a bug or maybe IPB games now use an update version of the tar import. You can go into each individual game and adjust the game heights/width. Sometimes clicking edit game and pressing save without editing any details will fix the problem.

3. gemma

gemma Member

#35 gemma, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    I agree that the use of space could be better used - columns would be a viable option. This is just an idea but something like this could probably be achieved
    idea.jpg idea2.jpg

Using icons to minimise space, open overlays or new pages (someone could probably find better icons to use as these are only to highlight features and give ideas)

1. Add/Remove Favourites (single icon changes when one or other is selected)
    2. Rate Game (single star shows until rated - shows your rating, tooltip shows average)
    3. Highscores (click opens highscore page/overlay)
    4. Share game (social media - popup overlay)
    5. Report Game (if a game is broken etc - opens overlay to submit details)
    6. Comments (opens comments page - possibly incorporated into the highscores page)

You've got the game title, description (via tooltip). Highscore champion, score and how long ago the highscore was achieved (could be date if preferred). Your own personal best (could have a indicator to rank ie (1)) and how many times the game has been played in total.

I think you could easily get 3 or 4 columns in most styles?

Veer, Garamond and Alien like this.
  4. d12j28

d12j28 New Member

I'm not having any luck getting the core games to save scores. Installed a few IPB games and they seem to work fine. Any suggestions?

1. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Garamond @d12j28 Where do you download IPB games?

5. d12j28

d12j28 New Member

Nobody? Am I the only one not getting core games to save?

6. gemma

gemma Member

There used to be some issues if you were running xenPorta but I'm not sure if those problems have been fixed or whether they effected "core" games. Out of curiosity are you running xenPorta?

1. d12j28

d12j28 New Member

d12j28 @gemma Yes I use xenPorta. Was there some code that was added with the first arcade to get it to save scores or am I thinking back when I used VB?

2. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @d12j28 I've never used xenPorta so I've no idea if this works or if it is still relevant (@xfrocks or @Kevin may be able to confirm)

Open the file /library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php

Find this line...
      Code:
      EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
      and change it to:
      Code:
      if ((!empty($_REQUEST['autocom']) AND (($_REQUEST['do'] == 'verifyscore' AND $_REQUEST['autocom'] == 'arcade') OR ($_REQUEST['do'] == 'savescore' AND $_REQUEST['autocom'] == 'arcade'))) OR ( !empty($_REQUEST['act']) AND ($_REQUEST['do'] == 'newscore' AND $_REQUEST['act'] == 'Arcade'))) {
        // Do nothing!  We want to let these requests be handled
        // by XenForo so that they can they be caught by XFA.
      } else {
        EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
      }
      Save and upload.

7. d12j28

d12j28 New Member

I'm using xenPorta 1.6 and don't have Init.php

On a side note I disabled the portal and the core games still wouldn't save.

8. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Are you sure the file isn't on your server in {xf}//library/EWRporta/Listener? The earlier versions, at least, had init.php in the folder.

What version of XFA are you using and is your server Apache or Nginx?

1. d12j28

d12j28 New Member

d12j28 @Kevin You were right. It was in the server and already had the code that @gemma suggested. I tried it with the code, without the code and actually deleted the file and still didn't work. I am using XF 1.3.2 and on Apache.

What is strange is Bejeweled works but the others don't.

2. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @d12j28 I think Bejeweled is a IPB v.32 game and not a v3Arcade game (v3A games are the default game type in XFA). In your XF root folder, do you have the arcade.php file on the server?

9. Garamond

Garamond New Member

Anyone with a collection of arcade installation-files who would like to share?

RoldanLT likes this.
    1. gemma

gemma Member

2. Garamond

Garamond New Member

3. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @Garamond Dunno, I can see links fine either downloading directly via the arcade on the sites or in most cases via a download manager.

Try http://www.next-level-arcade.com/ there are thousands of games available there

RoldanLT likes this.
  10. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz New Member

I have a bunch of "Find Her Differences" games. They are v.32. However when I try to play them, they don't play fully.

I'm guessing because of gamedata has files in sub folders? I tried many different ways to upload them etc, but I can't get it to work.

For example, the gamedata folder is like this: gamedata\findher\level1\xxx.swf

The game loads up, but when you are int he game and you select the level, it doesn't play. So the Level X subfolder just isn't loading.

Has anyone had this issue?

1. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @Ski-Whiz Only one I've tried is the Shakira one. It plays, changes levels and submits scores fine - do you have a copy of one that isn't playing so I can upload it?

11. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz New Member

gemma,

Sent you a pm, so you can see if it's the game or me.. :D

12. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz New Member

I have been adding games manually, but I'd love to just use the import game feature.

When I try to import the TAR, I get this error:

I'm on shared hosting, so is this the problem? I am not 100% sure what the file/folder permissions should be, but most of the arcade folders are 777.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

13. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz New Member

#55 Ski-Whiz, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Any idea when there will be instructions on installing this? The requirements?

I can't get the Import feature to work, and I have PEAR and Zend enabled. So my host and I have no idea where that error is from.

14. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz New Member

gemma likes this.
  15. John

John Member

I had this installed on my community forums, no XenPorta installation, and the score does not save after completion. Anyone else?

1. gemma

gemma Member

gemma @John Which game type - core games or IPB games?

2. John

John Member

John @gemma Core, default install.

16. Alien

Alien Member

Getting this error message:

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

2. Alien

Alien Member

17. Jordan

Jordan New Member

#65 Jordan, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    The arcade does not save any scores to the leaderboard or anything on my forum. Once played, and once the game has ended, you have to refresh the page to play again or it will be stuck on "transmitting data" or similar.

Seems no one even bothered to answer this guys post as well:

1. John

John Member

John @Jordan I had to disable it because it served no purpose. What's the point if none of your scores are being saved?

18. gemma

gemma Member

#67 gemma, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Well it could be something wrong with your setups (htaccess, route filters, portals etc) because all the games I've tried work perfectly (core & IPB and so did Mochi games when they were included)

Is it just the core games that don't work? (if it is then it isn't really a big deal as they are available in IPB game format and there is only a handful of core games available anyway (old v3 Arcade games)

1. John

John Member

John @gemma Core

19. moby2006

moby2006 New Member

Hi,
    I have a question:
    the arcade is still being developed?

I've got a picture of where you get the version?

arcade.png

I am willing to pay if someone can help me.

greeting
    moby2006

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

2. moby2006

moby2006 New Member

#71 moby2006, Aug 28, 2014
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
      moby2006 @xfrocks Thank you, I've installed.
      My question is there a version give as in the picture?

The Sidbar Left
      tournaments
      etc

What is planned?

rocks.JPG

Review with comments

Works for every game.

Who something not good, so that games can Rate?

greeting
      moby2006

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @moby2006 Ah, that one is just a mockup. There is no such thing for now :)

RoldanLT likes this.
  20. John

John Member

Hey @xfrocks is there any reason why the arcade will not save scores on my install? I haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @John Are you sure you are running version 0.2.0? Also, which version of XenForo are you using?

2. John

John Member

John @xfrocks Yup, and I am using 1.3.5

3. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @John Is XF your home page or are you using something else for a homepage?

4. John

John Member

#77 John, Sep 1, 2014
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
      John @Kevin I'm using a widget page as my homepage. From the Widget Framework @xfrocks created.

Also as a side note. I re-installed 0.2.1b to see if it was just me and it still does it. When the game is over and asks you to submit or attempts to redirect you, it does nothing.